- To organise, charter and supervise service clubs to be known as Lions clubs.
- To coordinate the activities and standardise the administration of Lions clubs.
- To create and foster a spirit of understanding among the people of the world.
- To promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- To fund and otherwise serve the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- To assist financially, culturally, socially, and morally the disabled, disadvantaged and infirm of the community both directly and also indirectly.
- To unite the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- To provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- To encourage service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavours.